Please note that the Health Clinics remain open to serve you. We're committed to maintaining continuity of care and helping meet your healthcare needs.
Testing is available by appointment for established clinic patients, members of the RFU community and the general public who consider themselves to be symptomatic for COVID-19.
- All testing is by appointment only at an assigned date and time — no waiting in long lines to get tested.
- A member of our medical staff will conduct your test while you remain in your vehicle.
- Your appointment should take no more than five to 10 minutes. We’ll contact you with your test result within two business days.
MONDAY - FRIDAY
10 AM - 2 PM
BY APPOINTMENT DRIVE THRU
Symptoms and prevention
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please contact the office to speak with one of our clinical staff members.
- Shortness of breath
Phone screening is available through the RFUHC COVID-19 hotline at 1-224-570-7575.
The screening is intended for clinic patients, members of the RFU community and the general public who consider themselves to be symptomatic for COVID-19. The screening includes a series of questions about your symptoms, age, overall health and travel. Depending on the screening questions answered, you will be given an appointment to be tested. The drive thru is for COVID-19 testing only and not for evaluation or treatment.
Drive-thru screening is taking place on site at RFU Health Clinics and is designed to quickly and safely screen people with cough, fever, or shortness of breath. When you arrive, you will be asked to stay inside your car. A phone number and instructions will be posted at the location and you will check in with our Patient Service Representative over the phone before the test can be performed.
- Once you arrive and call from the clinic parking lot, a member of our medical staff wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) will come outside to administer the COVID-19 test.
- Be assured that our staff are specially trained in conducting COVID testing, which involves taking a sample from your nasal cavity with a cotton swab.
- You will remain in your vehicle while being tested. If you do not have access to a car, our North Chicago office is a scheduled bus stop on Pace Route 563.
- The test should take only a few minutes. Testing is by appointment only, so there’s no need to wait in a long line for your turn.
- We will contact you within two business days to share your test result and check on your well-being.
- If your test is positive for COVID-19, you will receive instructions on next steps such as following up with your primary healthcare provider.
- If you do not have a medical home or doctor you see on a regular basis, we can connect you with a primary care provider at the Health Clinics or through other resources such as the Lake County Health Department.
RFUHC is now offering telehealth services. Please call the office to schedule your appointment.